Sandy hook

Good morning bloggers,

I'm here in the city at my my moms shop & boy is it cold. I'm usually much more of a cold weather type of person but (and I probably will regret saying this) I can't wait till summer.

Well the last time I wrote about how I wanted to share about the sandy hook shooting.

As the news broke and the stories started rolling in it was heartbreaking. Me and Jonathan were just sitting there watching the news and just in utter shock. How could so many kids be killed. The poor parents. As the hours rolled and all that you could see on t.v was about the shooting it started being too much for me. Yes it was about the shooting itself but as a child loss parent is was much more then that. It was about thinking about the parents that were never going to be the same. I knew that pain. It felt real, it felt close and I felt my self mourning might along side them. The next morning when still all you could see in the news was about the shooting and as pictures. & names of the kids started being released I actually saw tears stream down Jonathan's face. This hit home for us. It doesn't matter how you lose a child, the pain and everything that comes with it is the same. For us it brought us back to the start and brought us back to that feeling that our world was never going to be the same. We literally could not take it and I spent the next couple of days just watching re runs of shows that we're saved on my DVR because for my own mental health I could no longer hear about the kids. But, there really was no escaping, my news feed on Facebook was filled with pictures & names of the kids and details. As our local news station posted all the names of the children outpouring and comments rolled in that "how dare you media put the names of these children up" "you should respect their privacy" "take the names down" this struck a nerve on me. These people had obviously never lost a child or experienced anything remote to that. I don't know any of the parents who lost their child in the shooting but as angel mom I knew all those parents have left is keeping their kids memory alive. I never get into debates online but for all these people commenting I felt the need to put my two cents in & so I posted this

As a mother who lost her son at a young age I just wanted to say this. A lot of people are upset the children's names are being made public because the parents are grieving. These people don't understand all a grieving parent wants if for their child's life, name to be remembered and their life To be acknowledged. To quote Elizabeth Edwards -

"One of the things I always say to every group where I get a chance to talk about my book at all is to say, 'If you know someone who has lost a child or lost anybody who's important to them, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died, they didn't forget they died. You're not reminding them. What you're reminding them of is that you remember that they lived, and that's a great, great gift.'"

Joshua was born, he was alive, we held him, he had a personality, he was a beautiful being & had a spirit unlike any I had ever encountered. To people it's been two years since he left but for us it's like he left yesterday. We miss him the same & love talking about him the same as we did when he was born.




Comments

Popular Posts