The motto.



Pre-face: I actually started the first couple of sentences to this post on June 6, 2018. I have two other unpublished posts from previous years with the exact same phrase. It's quite interesting to look back on and see this one phrase over and over again by me. It seems I rely on this phrase to make sense of things in my life that seem to not make sense at all. Or, perhaps I rely on it so heavily because it's true.

"Everything happens for a reason" 



There's the famous saying "everything happens for a reason".
I hate it.
I still do, but I think the quote makes sense depending on context it's used in.....

I'm not exactly sure where I heard or I might have read that the reason individuals rely on religion so much is because we yearn to believe we all have a bigger purpose in life besides just living.
Besides just being here on this earth for just being here. We rely on faith, religion because we try to make sense of things when nothing makes sense at all. I believe that's why I have relied so heavily on this quote time and time again through out this blog. As I write and try to make sense of everything that has transpired through out different periods, wether they be joyous, but especially during difficult times I think to myself "Everything happens for a reason" 

I believe it.
I must believe it.

It's like a domino effect, when the years go by and you try to make sense of how your life choices have impacted the life you're living. If you should have chosen road A as opposed to road B, and if you would have chosen road A, how might your life be different ?

I'm constantly doing this.
Constantly thinking to myself that there must be a purpose.
A meaning. There has to be.

I relied so heavily in it after Joshua passed because any sense of faith I had on a higher purpose got thrown out the window. It took me a long time to start believing in a higher being. I still don't believe in organized religion, but I do believe in a higher being. A higher purpose. A reason for everything happening the way it does. Again, I think I rely on this type of thinking so much because it's the only way things make sense. When things go extremely well I think back "Everything happens for a reason" all the trials and tribulations have led me to experience this joyous time. And, when things are going horribly wrong, I also think "Everything happens for a reason" .

It's my life motto.
It's become so because I have to think there's a reason behind everything.
There has to be. 

Comments

Popular Posts